We had two very high-priced estate diamond rings at one time — more expensive than anything else in the shop by leaps. We were out of town that week, and as we were waiting at the airport to leave, our salesperson, Emily, called to tell us very excitedly that she had just sold one of them. She joked that she would sell the next one the next day. A half hour later, she called to say she had sold the second one to a different couple! We had a really good trip! — Carol Drake, Touch of Silver, Gold & Old, Nashville, IN
This article originally appeared in the November 2016 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Fun Stories
- Poll: Which of the 'Big Three' Colored Gemstones is Most Popular in Your Store?
- Poll: Which Color of Precious Metal is Your Personal Favorite?
- What I Should Have Said to the Guy Who Kept Upgrading His Rolex With After-Market Parts
- Poll: Which Issue Facing Brick-and-Mortar Retailers Frustrates You Most?
- Designer Keeps Her Eye on the World, and Her Focus on New Orleans