An employee had stayed about 30 minutes after closing with a customer, which held about six other employees on overtime. When the customer made a decision and pulled out a credit card, this employee paused and said, “Why don’t you come back next month during our sale instead of buying now? I think I can find you something you will like even more for less money.”
Told anonymously to INSTORE’s Big Survey, 2016
Latest Fun Stories
- Poll: Which of the 'Big Three' Colored Gemstones is Most Popular in Your Store?
- Poll: Which Color of Precious Metal is Your Personal Favorite?
- What I Should Have Said to the Guy Who Kept Upgrading His Rolex With After-Market Parts
- Poll: Which Issue Facing Brick-and-Mortar Retailers Frustrates You Most?
- Designer Keeps Her Eye on the World, and Her Focus on New Orleans