An employee had stayed about 30 minutes after closing with a customer, which held about six other employees on overtime. When the customer made a decision and pulled out a credit card, this employee paused and said, “Why don’t you come back next month during our sale instead of buying now? I think I can find you something you will like even more for less money.”
Told anonymously to INSTORE’s Big Survey, 2016
Latest Fun Stories
- Poll: What Is Your Top-Selling Season for Engagement Rings?
- This May Be the World's Most Valuable Gem — and It's Up for Auction
- What I Should Have Said to the Guy Who Didn't Quite Get Consignment
- Poll: What Is Your Favorite C for Selling Diamonds?
- Arkansas-Sourced ‘Esperanza’ Diamond Heads to Auction Block