I received a written offer from a used-car salesman looking to buy a diamond and bridal/wedding set: he wanted an additional 15 percent off my sales quote; a larger diamond with a higher color, clarity and cut grade; lifetime discounts on any and all future repairs or purchases; and additional discounts. And, if I agreed to his terms (and signed on his dotted line), he would give me 50 percent payment! Wowza! Car sales, huh.
Told anonymously to INSTORE’s Big Survey, 2016
This article originally appeared in the April 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Fun Stories
- Poll: Which of the 'Big Three' Colored Gemstones is Most Popular in Your Store?
- Poll: Which Color of Precious Metal is Your Personal Favorite?
- What I Should Have Said to the Guy Who Kept Upgrading His Rolex With After-Market Parts
- Poll: Which Issue Facing Brick-and-Mortar Retailers Frustrates You Most?
- Designer Keeps Her Eye on the World, and Her Focus on New Orleans