I received a written offer from a used-car salesman looking to buy a diamond and bridal/wedding set: he wanted an additional 15 percent off my sales quote; a larger diamond with a higher color, clarity and cut grade; lifetime discounts on any and all future repairs or purchases; and additional discounts. And, if I agreed to his terms (and signed on his dotted line), he would give me 50 percent payment! Wowza! Car sales, huh.
Told anonymously to INSTORE’s Big Survey, 2016
This article originally appeared in the April 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Fun Stories
- Poll: What Is Your Top-Selling Season for Engagement Rings?
- This May Be the World's Most Valuable Gem — and It's Up for Auction
- What I Should Have Said to the Guy Who Didn't Quite Get Consignment
- Poll: What Is Your Favorite C for Selling Diamonds?
- Arkansas-Sourced ‘Esperanza’ Diamond Heads to Auction Block