I worked on a ladies ring with a 1-carat diamond. It was very dirty. I cleaned the item, repaired the prongs, and when she returned, she promptly said that it was not her diamond because her diamond had a large dark spot in the center and the one I returned did not. Her husband asked her why would I take out hers and return a better one than what she had. She was not satisfied and I didn’t have anything to say as the two argued. He apologized. I never heard from them again. Told anonymously to INSTORE’s Big Survey, 2016
This article originally appeared in the May 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: If Gemstone Names Were Literal ...
- Poll: Which of the 'Big Three' Colored Gemstones is Most Popular in Your Store?
- Poll: Which Color of Precious Metal is Your Personal Favorite?
- What I Should Have Said to the Guy Who Kept Upgrading His Rolex With After-Market Parts
- Poll: Which Issue Facing Brick-and-Mortar Retailers Frustrates You Most?