A fellow came in to return an engagement ring he had just purchased a few weeks earlier. He said his fiancée had refused it, so it was never worn or sized. I offered him a credit and he asked if he could exchange it for yet another new engagement ring. I thought he was joking so I smiled, but noticing him looking in the showcase, I said sure, why not. He mentioned that this new(er) engagement ring was to be intended for his ex-almost-fiancée’s younger sister. “Are you kidding me?” I said. He replied, “I don’t want her older sister to get mad at me for trying to give her younger sister the same ring.” Really? Only from the Appalachian foothills of Ohio. — Told anonymously to INSTORE’s Big Survey, 2016
This article originally appeared in the September 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a Lucky Break
- Take the Perfect Proposal Selfie With This Engagement Ring Phone Case
- Gem Quiz: This Flamboyant Gem Was Named After a Founding Father of Brazilian Mineralogy
- There's Something Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business ... Several Somethings, Actually
- Cartoon: A Surefire Way to Stop Losing Gemstones