We had a customer who wanted us to make her a “custom leash” from sterling silver chain for her pet alligator. I said we’d need to know how long to make it, and she asked me to go out to her SUV to help her measure. All the sales girls thought I was nuts for wanting to go out and see the pet alligator. Come to find out it was a large stuffed animal alligator!
A man came into the shop and asked if I pierced ears. I said that I did. He then asked if I would pierce his puppy’s ears because they were pointy and he thought that it would look cute. I was stunned and after a minute, I told him I couldn’t do that. I told him to take the request to his veterinarian because I was afraid the animal would bite me and also that the puppy could not consent to having his ears pierced. After he left, I laughed about it all day.
This article originally appeared in the November 2017 edition of INSTORE.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you're invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a Lucky Break
- Take the Perfect Proposal Selfie With This Engagement Ring Phone Case
- Gem Quiz: This Flamboyant Gem Was Named After a Founding Father of Brazilian Mineralogy
- There's Something Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business ... Several Somethings, Actually
- Cartoon: A Surefire Way to Stop Losing Gemstones