“So go sell it yourself and keep 100 percent of what you get!”
... to the man who wanted us to consign, clean, display, insure and promote his ugly opal necklace (made by a local rival no less), as well as pay my employees, credit card fees, taxes, box, bag and electricity costs, not to mention my name for 10 percent of the $2,000 he wanted for the piece.
Woulda Coulda Shouldas are provided anonymously by INSTORE’s Brain Squad
This article originally appeared in the April 2017 edition of INSTORE.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry business serving the public, you're invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Latest Fun Stories
- Other Than Round, What Shape of Diamond Sells Best for You?
- This Jeweler Deals With a Disgusting Problem Every Day — and It Just Doesn't Seem Worth It
- Jeweler Was Bored at Work ... So He Did the Funniest Thing to These Watches
- Poll: What Type of Bracelet Is Most Popular in Your Area?
- Cartoon: Nothing Can Save This Appraisal