Porter Lyons, New Orleans, LA
Jewelry designer Ashley Porter derives her inspiration from cultures around the world, with a concentration on New Orleans, where her family heritage dates to the 1860s. She holds a bachelor of science degree in marketing and a master of finance from Tulane University, as well as a graduate degree from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles. After working for Balenciaga and Ralph Lauren in New York, she returned to New Orleans and late last year opened her first retail location in the city’s French Quarter. Porter recently launched the Crescent City Collection, which features the astrological placement of New Orleans, with each piece hiding the altitude and longitude of the city in its design.
This article originally appeared in the May 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: If Gemstone Names Were Literal ...
- Poll: Which of the 'Big Three' Colored Gemstones is Most Popular in Your Store?
- Poll: Which Color of Precious Metal is Your Personal Favorite?
- What I Should Have Said to the Guy Who Kept Upgrading His Rolex With After-Market Parts
- Poll: Which Issue Facing Brick-and-Mortar Retailers Frustrates You Most?