Gene the Jeweler learned the hard way.
When we last met Gene the Jeweler, we learned that he doesn't really train his staff.
We now bring you the next installment of the Gene series, which was created by industry consultant Jimmy DeGroot. (The series is kind of like a jewelry version of The Office.)
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
In the video below, the consequences of Gene's non-existent training policy start to become clear. He explains that his people don't get along very well — in fact, they fight.
One staff member in particular — Margie — is problematic. She's great with customers and makes lots of sales, but when it comes to the rest of Gene's employees, Margie is a no-go.
Take a look:
JIMMY DEGROOT is a jewelry store manager who has been in the business for over 20 years. Now he spends his time training teams around the world at jewelrystoretraining.com and sharing marketing advice through his blog site at jewelrymarketingguy.com
Latest Fun Stories
- Jewelers Are Loosening (or Just Losing) Their Ties – The Rise of Smart Casual
- Other Than Round, What Shape of Diamond Sells Best for You?
- This Jeweler Deals With a Disgusting Problem Every Day — and It Just Doesn't Seem Worth It
- Jeweler Was Bored at Work ... So He Did the Funniest Thing to These Watches
- Poll: What Type of Bracelet Is Most Popular in Your Area?