Check out this educational video.
When you're in jewelry sales, it's your job to be friendly.
But there's such a thing as overdoing it.
Stephenie Bjorkman of Sami Fine Jewelry in Fountain Hills, AZ, one of our past Cool Store winners, shared the following video with us. They made it in their store to illustrate how laying it on too thick can kill a sale — it’s funny but also educational.
In the scene they act out, the sales staff are laser-focused on offering the "customer" water, introducing him to the store mascots and making small talk — but not on actually closing the sale.
Take a look:
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: Jewelry Design Is a Labor of Love
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Creates the Tool to End All Tools
- Gene Creates Lots of 'Custom' Jewelry ... But Does He Really?
- Believe It or Not, Avocado Ring Boxes Are Now a Thing
- New JVC CEO Gets Personal, Including Why She's a Nerd and Her Favorite Advice from RuPaul
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.