Check out this educational video.
When you're in jewelry sales, it's your job to be friendly.
But there's such a thing as overdoing it.
Stephenie Bjorkman of Sami Fine Jewelry in Fountain Hills, AZ, one of our past Cool Store winners, shared the following video with us. They made it in their store to illustrate how laying it on too thick can kill a sale — it’s funny but also educational.
In the scene they act out, the sales staff are laser-focused on offering the "customer" water, introducing him to the store mascots and making small talk — but not on actually closing the sale.
Take a look:
Latest Fun Stories
- Here's What One Jeweler Wanted to Say When A Client Asked Why There Was A Charge for Appraisals
- You Won't Believe What This Associate Said to An Off-Duty Cop Shopping in His Store
- This Piece of Jewelry Grew 12X in Value — or So Gene the Jeweler Thinks
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a New Look
- Gene the Jeweler Takes Lots of Vacations — One Each Day, in Fact
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.