Check out this educational video.
When you're in jewelry sales, it's your job to be friendly.
But there's such a thing as overdoing it.
Stephenie Bjorkman of Sami Fine Jewelry in Fountain Hills, AZ, one of our past Cool Store winners, shared the following video with us. They made it in their store to illustrate how laying it on too thick can kill a sale — it’s funny but also educational.
In the scene they act out, the sales staff are laser-focused on offering the "customer" water, introducing him to the store mascots and making small talk — but not on actually closing the sale.
Take a look:
Latest Fun Stories
- Jewelers Are Loosening (or Just Losing) Their Ties – The Rise of Smart Casual
- Other Than Round, What Shape of Diamond Sells Best for You?
- This Jeweler Deals With a Disgusting Problem Every Day — and It Just Doesn't Seem Worth It
- Jeweler Was Bored at Work ... So He Did the Funniest Thing to These Watches
- Poll: What Type of Bracelet Is Most Popular in Your Area?