Check out this educational video.
When you're in jewelry sales, it's your job to be friendly.
But there's such a thing as overdoing it.
Stephenie Bjorkman of Sami Fine Jewelry in Fountain Hills, AZ, one of our past Cool Store winners, shared the following video with us. They made it in their store to illustrate how laying it on too thick can kill a sale — it’s funny but also educational.
In the scene they act out, the sales staff are laser-focused on offering the "customer" water, introducing him to the store mascots and making small talk — but not on actually closing the sale.
Take a look:
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a Lucky Break
- Take the Perfect Proposal Selfie With This Engagement Ring Phone Case
- Gem Quiz: This Flamboyant Gem Was Named After a Founding Father of Brazilian Mineralogy
- There's Something Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business ... Several Somethings, Actually
- Cartoon: A Surefire Way to Stop Losing Gemstones