We asked our readers what they like the most.
There's a lot to like about being a jeweler, and different aspects of the business appeal to different people.
We decided to find out what they love most about their chosen profession.
As we collect responses for this year's Big Survey, we're bringing you a few highlights from years past. We call them Big Survey Flashbacks.
Today we bring you a question from our 2014 survey: "What aspect of owning a jewelry store do you enjoy the most?"
Here's how the answers broke down:
- Selling! — 58 percent.
- Buying! — 22 percent.
- The money! — 12 percent.
- Teaching my staff! — 8 percent.
It's interesting to note that there were 20 stores in our survey that reported doing more than $5 million in sales a year. They showed that the big really are different.
- The only group of jewelers to choose "Conquer the world" as their ambition.
- The only group that liked "buying" the most among a jeweler's jobs.
- The group most likely to say their store's ownership structure resembled the Borgias' family tree.
Want to have your say on the industry and what it means to own or manage an American jewelry store in 2017? Click HERE to take the latest INSTORE Big Survey. (The survey will probably take about 20 minutes to complete and is designed to be taken solely by store owners and managers.)
Latest Fun Stories
- Other Than Round, What Shape of Diamond Sells Best for You?
- This Jeweler Deals With a Disgusting Problem Every Day — and It Just Doesn't Seem Worth It
- Jeweler Was Bored at Work ... So He Did the Funniest Thing to These Watches
- Poll: What Type of Bracelet Is Most Popular in Your Area?
- Cartoon: Nothing Can Save This Appraisal