We asked readers what kind of consultant they'd like to hire.
To be a successful jewelry-store owner, you need to wear many hats. But there's no way to be an expert at absolutely everything.
In what area would jewelers most like to get some help? We decided to find out.
As we collect responses for this year's Big Survey, we're bringing you a few highlights from years past. We call them Big Survey Flashbacks.
Today we bring you an item from our 2013 survey: "If you were to bring in one consultant to work with your business, it would be a ..."
Here's how the answers broke down:
- Finance expert — 9 percent.
- Master jeweler — 4 percent.
- Sales trainer/motivator — 26 percent.
- Inventory management specialist — 8 percent.
- Advertising pro — 16
- Social media expert — 17
- Management/organization expert — 11
- Family business specialist — 9
Want to have your say on the industry and what it means to own or manage an American jewelry store in 2017? Click HERE to take the latest INSTORE Big Survey. (The survey will probably take about 20 minutes to complete and is designed to be taken solely by store owners and managers.)
Latest Fun Stories
- Here's What One Jeweler Wanted to Say When A Client Asked Why There Was A Charge for Appraisals
- You Won't Believe What This Associate Said to An Off-Duty Cop Shopping in His Store
- This Piece of Jewelry Grew 12X in Value — or So Gene the Jeweler Thinks
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a New Look
- Gene the Jeweler Takes Lots of Vacations — One Each Day, in Fact
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.