Gene explains the 'circle of jewelry life.'
In a sense, watch-battery replacement is a thriving business for Gene the Jeweler's store. He has an employee dedicated to the task, and she does about 50 jobs a day.
But he only charges $5 per replacement, and he pays the employee $12 an hour. He has to factor in the cost of the batteries, and the fact that occasionally, the employee breaks a watch and it has to be replaced.
All things considered, he couldn't be making much profit on the operation.
So why bother?
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
Once again, the problems in Gene's fictional jewelry store reflect poorly on his management practices. He says the watch-battery situation is all part of the "circle of jewelry life."
But should it be?
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- This Jeweler Deals With a Disgusting Problem Every Day — and It Just Doesn't Seem Worth It
- Jeweler Was Bored at Work ... So He Did the Funniest Thing to These Watches
- Poll: What Type of Bracelet Is Most Popular in Your Area?
- Cartoon: Nothing Can Save This Appraisal
- Poll: What Style of Earring Is Selling Best in Your Store?