Gene explains the 'circle of jewelry life.'
In a sense, watch-battery replacement is a thriving business for Gene the Jeweler's store. He has an employee dedicated to the task, and she does about 50 jobs a day.
But he only charges $5 per replacement, and he pays the employee $12 an hour. He has to factor in the cost of the batteries, and the fact that occasionally, the employee breaks a watch and it has to be replaced.
All things considered, he couldn't be making much profit on the operation.
So why bother?
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
Once again, the problems in Gene's fictional jewelry store reflect poorly on his management practices. He says the watch-battery situation is all part of the "circle of jewelry life."
But should it be?
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a Lucky Break
- Take the Perfect Proposal Selfie With This Engagement Ring Phone Case
- Gem Quiz: This Flamboyant Gem Was Named After a Founding Father of Brazilian Mineralogy
- There's Something Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business ... Several Somethings, Actually
- Cartoon: A Surefire Way to Stop Losing Gemstones