They're dressing more like their customers.
Like the rest of society, jewelers are dressing more casually than 10 years ago.
That's what we found in Big Survey 2017 when we asked, "What most closely describes your typical attire at work."
As one jeweler told us: "We have learned to dress more like our customers, depending on season. Makes them much more comfortable and does away with the 'this must be expensive' thought from our suit-and-tie days."
Here are this year's results, along with 2007 figures for comparison.
Suit (and tie)/pant suit
Business casual/designer outfit
Black turtleneck and dark pants or skirt
Jeans and a T-shirt/polo and bermudas
Italian swimsuit (I'm semi-retired)
Latest Fun Stories
- This Jeweler’s New Orleans Shop is an Ode to Garage Sales, Taxidermy and Tchotchkes
- Here's What One Jeweler Wanted to Say When A Client Asked Why There Was A Charge for Appraisals
- You Won't Believe What This Associate Said to An Off-Duty Cop Shopping in His Store
- This Piece of Jewelry Grew 12X in Value — or So Gene the Jeweler Thinks
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a New Look
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.