He isn't taking an organized tack at all.
Gene the Jeweler always seems to find the least effective approach possible for handling a given area of his business.
And in many cases, the issue is not so much in what he's doing, but what he's not doing.
In today's video, we learn about a couple of realms where Gene really should have processes set up. Namely, sales methodology and accounts payable.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
But Gene isn't taking an organized tack at all.
Staff members use their own sales approaches.
"Everybody has kind of their own method," says Gene, a fictional character created by jewelry marketing specialist Jimmy DeGroot.
In terms of vendors, "We pay when we have to," Gene says. He generally comes up with the money only after the company calls him.
It seems like a chaotic way to run a store, and a hard way to make a profit.
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a Lucky Break
- Take the Perfect Proposal Selfie With This Engagement Ring Phone Case
- Gem Quiz: This Flamboyant Gem Was Named After a Founding Father of Brazilian Mineralogy
- There's Something Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business ... Several Somethings, Actually
- Cartoon: A Surefire Way to Stop Losing Gemstones