Long before there was tomkat, brangelina or kimye, there was us, “ugrandite” — uvaroite, grossular and me. My two usually green garnet brothers tend to take a back seat when it comes to the spotlight because I am the flamboyant one with the more varied trade portfolio and dramatic range (dark and moody, I’m melanite; light and sunny and I’m topazolite; and then at my most brilliant, I am DEMANTOID). I was named after one of the founding fathers of Brazilian mineralogy.
Who am I?
Guess this gem for a chance to win a “Jewelry Geek” T-shirt. Be sure to include your full name and the name and address of your store. The contest winner will be selected from among correct answers to this question.
Latest Fun Stories
- Here's What One Jeweler Wanted to Say When A Client Asked Why There Was A Charge for Appraisals
- You Won't Believe What This Associate Said to An Off-Duty Cop Shopping in His Store
- This Piece of Jewelry Grew 12X in Value — or So Gene the Jeweler Thinks
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a New Look
- Gene the Jeweler Takes Lots of Vacations — One Each Day, in Fact
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.