This guy just doesn't get it.
They say you can't judge a book by its cover. But Gene the Jeweler tries to do it anyway.
In the video below, the fictional Gene Kadlin explains that "profiling" is a key part of his store's sales program. (As you may recall, he pretty much always uses the least effective approach possible for every area of his business.)
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
He explains: "That's how we know what people can afford, what they're looking for ... it's a better way for us to help them."
What type of profiling does he do? He starts by looking closely at the clothes they're wearing, and moves on to some questions about any criminal history they may have.
Don't try this at home, folks. (Or at work. Or anywhere.)
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: Jewelry Design Is a Labor of Love
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Creates the Tool to End All Tools
- Gene Creates Lots of 'Custom' Jewelry ... But Does He Really?
- Believe It or Not, Avocado Ring Boxes Are Now a Thing
- New JVC CEO Gets Personal, Including Why She's a Nerd and Her Favorite Advice from RuPaul
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.