Wait a minute ... does he ever actually close any sales?
In today's video, Gene the Jeweler is kind enough to divulge his techniques for closing a sale.
Unfortunately, the only thing you'll probably learn from the fictional Gene is how not to do business. Does he ever actually close any sales? With his approach, you have to wonder.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
Closing deals in Gene's store starts with one key concept: "Make them buy."
To achieve that, he uses methods such as discounting his products and throwing in extra items — such as mountings — or services. He's even been known to wash a customer's car now and then.
And his staff members have some, shall we say, interesting techniques of their own.
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- Here's What One Jeweler Wanted to Say When A Client Asked Why There Was A Charge for Appraisals
- You Won't Believe What This Associate Said to An Off-Duty Cop Shopping in His Store
- This Piece of Jewelry Grew 12X in Value — or So Gene the Jeweler Thinks
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a New Look
- Gene the Jeweler Takes Lots of Vacations — One Each Day, in Fact
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.