Jewelers and consultants often say you shouldn't keep inventory around longer than a year. If it isn't selling, it's time to clear it out and make space for something else.
But Gene the Jeweler, a fictional character created by marketing specialist Jimmy DeGroot, doesn't see it that way. "The older the better" is his motto.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
If a piece has been around for 12 years, it's 12 times as valuable, in his view.
Gene, as it turns out, has a habit of getting emotionally attached to his products.
Watch the video:
JIMMY DEGROOT is a jewelry store manager who has been in the business for over 20 years. Now he spends his time training teams around the world at jewelrystoretraining.com and sharing marketing advice through his blog site at jewelrymarketingguy.com.
Latest Fun Stories
- New JVC CEO Gets Personal, Including Why She's a Nerd and Her Favorite Advice from RuPaul
- What I Should Have Said to This Rude Customer to Shut Down His Piracy Proposal
- Did This Customer Have Superhuman Vision ... or Was He Seeing Things That Weren't There?
- This Job Is the 'Polar Opposite' of Being a Jeweler
- Gene the Jeweler's 'Free Range' Employees Set Their Own Sales Goals
Don't Gamble with Your Retirement
Let Wilkerson manage every detail of the most important sale of your life.