Gogo Borgerding Gogo Jewelry, New Orleans
Gogo Borgerding doesn't take life too seriously. "I like to surround myself with the playful, silly and conversational objects and friends, to boot," she says. Because she thought her real dogs, Della and Mr. Cha Cha, would be a handful at a photo shoot, she brought along her poodle stroller, given to her by a decorator friend. Gogo graduated from the Savannah College of Art and Design and in 2006 opened her Magazine Street store, which is also, decor-wise, an ode to garage sales, taxidermy and tchotchkes. In an on-site workshop she also makes by hand her wildly popular and colorful silver and anodized aluminum cuffs.
This article originally appeared in the February 2018 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Fun Stories
- New JVC CEO Gets Personal, Including Why She's a Nerd and Her Favorite Advice from RuPaul
- What I Should Have Said to This Rude Customer to Shut Down His Piracy Proposal
- Did This Customer Have Superhuman Vision ... or Was He Seeing Things That Weren't There?
- This Job Is the 'Polar Opposite' of Being a Jeweler
- Gene the Jeweler's 'Free Range' Employees Set Their Own Sales Goals
Don't Gamble with Your Retirement
Let Wilkerson manage every detail of the most important sale of your life.