(Press Release) The following is the agenda for the 70th annual meeting, September 12-13 at Belle of Baton Rouge Casino Hotel:
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12th
- 12:30-2:30 Jewelers of America Certification Testing
- 2:45-4:45 Jewelers of America Certification Testing
- 7:30-9:30 Saturday Night Reception @ Capital City Grill
- (dining in LSU School of Art Glassell Gallery located behind Capital City Grill)
- After Dinner JL Board Meeting
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 13TH
- 7:00-9:00 Breakfast Buffet at Belle of Baton Rouge Casino-Hotel (Atrium)
- 8:00-9:00 Convention Registration/Design Contest Registration/Board Nominations Accepted
- 9:00-9:30 Welcome/Event Plan and Expectations
- 9:30-10:30 Harold Dupuy, Stuller – “Synthetic Diamonds – Products, Perceptions, Reality”
- 10:30-10:45 Break/Design Competition Voting
- 10:45-11:45 Gail Levine, Executive Director NAJA and Ira Savoie – “Antique Jewelry/Appraisals”
- 10:45-11:45 Jason LeMaire and Tammy Kidder, Stuller – “Increase Profits With Repair”
- 11:45-12:45 Lunch – Woody Overton, Overton Polygraph & Consulting LLC – “Security Presentation”
- 12:45-1:45 Panel Discussion – “The State of the Industry” - Terry Chandler, Diamond Council of America and Harold Dupuy, Stuller
- 1:45-2:00 Break/Design Competition Voting
- 2:00-3:00 Danielle P. Wilson, The Knot – “The Knot 2015 Bridal Jewelry Trends”
- 2:00-3:00 Jason LeMaire, Stuller – “Implementing Digital Design Software (CAD/CAM) Into Your Business”
- 3:00-3:15 Break/Design Competition Voting
- 3:30-4:30 Awards Presentations, Cruise Give-a-Way/Door Prizes, Future Presentation of 2015-2017 JL Board
Harold Dupuy, FGA, GG, Vice President, Strategic Analysis - Stuller
“Synthetic Diamonds - Products, Perceptions, and Reality”
Are you aware, ready and able to deal with potentially the most disruptive force our industry has seen the past century? You should be! Get the latest update on this controversial, but quickly evolving topic. This presentation will comprehensively cover the “Synthetic Diamonds” issue focusing on:
- Global picture
- The Diamond Dream
- History of Synthetics
- Detection / Screening
- The Producers
- Media & Publicity
- Market Strategy
- Market Share - today & tomorrow
- What should a Retailer do?
Jason LeMaire, Product Director Tools and Tammy Kidder, Vice-President Merchandising - Stuller
“Increase Profits With Repair”
By role-playing a series of multiple customer scenarios, we will demonstrate how the jeweler can increase their profits with repair by using a few simple practices. In these simulated conversations, we’ll incorporate simple upselling suggestions and address the importance of proper documentation of each job.
“Implementing Digital Design Software (CAD/CAM) Into Your Business”
One of the quickest growing segments of the jewelry industry is digital design. Are you ready? In this session we will explore how to implement digital design software into your stores’ business model. Increasing your customization business and profits by offering your customers the ability to design their perfect piece.
Terry Chandler, President/CEO - Diamond Council of America
“The State of the Industry” – Panel Discussion
Woody Overton, Owner - Overton Polygraph and Consulting LLC
With the recent increase in store robberies, Mr. Overton will use his expertise and experience in his discussion on security issues concerning the jewelry business.
Gail Brett Levine, GIA GG, Executive Director - National Assoc. of Jewelry Appraisers
Ira Savoie, Owner - Savoie Jewelry Appraisers
“Old European Diamonds at the Auction Market: From the Divine to the Sublime!”
Ever wonder what value should be placed on an Old European cut diamond ring? How to calculate the weight of a Rose Cut? What are the cut qualities of an Old Mine Diamond? An insider’s look at the old style diamond market values at auction, at retail, and at wholesale. Slide examples from the current year at auction will be used to discuss these variables.
Danielle Pelletiere Wilson, Jewelry Specialist - The Knot Wedding Network
“The Knot 2015 Bridal Jewelry Trends”
The Knot 2015 Bridal Jewelry and Engagement Study features the latest insights into the most popular styles of engagement rings, wedding bands and other bridal jewelry from real brides and grooms. The largest and most in-depth study in the industry, it also includes insights on purchasing timeline, usage of technology in the research process and preferences for color, cut and style of stone. Let us inform your buying decisions and make sure your store carries the designs couples love. You’ll learn what’s popular and how to incorporate it into your marketing to attract more brides and grooms to your store!
Speakers Harold Dupuy, Stuller and Terry Chandler, Diamond Council of America will be conducting a Round Table Discussion and they are asking YOU to submit your questions. Take a moment now and email me with questions that YOU would like to discuss during this event.
With less than 2 weeks away, please REGISTER TODAY to attend on September 12/13 at The Belle of Baton Rouge Casino/Hotel. Special rate of $89.00/night includes free parking. Limited number of rooms available.
Attached is a Convention Agenda along with our line-up of speakers and topics to be presented.
All registered attendees and their guests are invited to dinner on Saturday Night.
Information and registration at JewelersofLouisiana.org.