WHY IT IS TRUE: A man walks into the store and exclaims, “I’m looking for an engagement ring.” Your quick response is something like, “What did you have in mind?” This statement will cause the customer to focus on the financial investment instead of the meaning behind the purchase.
PLAN OF ACTION: Instead ask, “How do you plan to propose?” Remind him that this is one of the most important days in her life and share some successful proposal stories. Now he is no longer focused on the investment but rather the meaning behind the event.
Source: David W. Richardson CSP, Jewelry Sales Training International
This article originally appeared in the December 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.
Latest Know How Stories
- When An Unhappy Support Staffer Releases Confidential Pay Rates, A Retailer Is Dumbfounded. What Would You Do?
- What One Jeweler Learned About Trying to Do Everything Herself
- This Simple Trick Can Help You Sell Ideas to Your Team Easily
- This Simple Trick Can Defuse Angry Clients Or Employees
- Here's What to Say When A Customer Tries to Negotiate Or Make Unreasonable Demands