Got a dog? If your answer was no, you might want to run down to your local pet store and buy a new best friend if you want to attract attention on Facebook.
So said 7% of the nearly 400 readers who weighed in on the question “What kinds of posts create the most engagement on your Facebook page?” in our recent Big Survey. They claimed that personal posts involving the owner, employees or, most popular of all, pets were the ones that resulted in the most responses from fans.
But that didn’t hold a candle to the most popular type of post: product images. A whopping 55% of respondents said that this was the most effective.
The next three most successful types of posts were:
- Client stories (21%)
- Contests (8%)
- Time-driven offers (2%)
Some also touted the value of videos, and others still said that multiple-choice posts (which give readers a chance to pick their favorite) were most effective. Finally, there were a few votes for educational posts and humorous posts.This article is an online extra for INSTORE Online.
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.
Latest Know How Stories
- When An Unhappy Support Staffer Releases Confidential Pay Rates, A Retailer Is Dumbfounded. What Would You Do?
- What One Jeweler Learned About Trying to Do Everything Herself
- This Simple Trick Can Help You Sell Ideas to Your Team Easily
- This Simple Trick Can Defuse Angry Clients Or Employees
- Here's What to Say When A Customer Tries to Negotiate Or Make Unreasonable Demands