You pay your employees for a full day’s work, but sometimes you get … less than that.
As they go about their daily tasks, your staff members can have their attention whisked away by any number of distractions.
So as part of the 2016 Big Survey, we asked INSTORE readers to identify the biggest thief of their staff’s time.
The clear winner: non-work-related use of social media. That’s the answer chosen by 50 percent of the question’s 440 respondents.
Other popular answers included personal phone calls, minor health issues and lateness to work.
Full results of the 10th annual Big Survey will appear in the October issue of INSTORE.
This article is an online extra for INSTORE Online.
Latest Know How Stories
- Is It Time to Pull the Plug on This Employee Recommended By a Close Friend?
- Are Jewelers Good Bluffers? The Brain Squad Responds
- What Time of Year Is Best to Get the Absolute Lowest Manufacturer Prices?
- Create the Habit of Loving Gems in Your Children's Library
- Can't Meet? Just Rephrase Your Availability in a More Positive Manner