You pay your employees for a full day’s work, but sometimes you get … less than that.
As they go about their daily tasks, your staff members can have their attention whisked away by any number of distractions.
So as part of the 2016 Big Survey, we asked INSTORE readers to identify the biggest thief of their staff’s time.
The clear winner: non-work-related use of social media. That’s the answer chosen by 50 percent of the question’s 440 respondents.
Other popular answers included personal phone calls, minor health issues and lateness to work.
Full results of the 10th annual Big Survey will appear in the October issue of INSTORE.
This article is an online extra for INSTORE Online.
Latest Know How Stories
- Real Deal: The Case Of The Outlaw In-Law
- Does Your Business Need a Diet Plan for the New Year?
- Consumers Mainly Consider These 2 Factors When Buying Gems
- 21 of Jewelry Retailers' Biggest Fears and How to Forget Them for Good
- Real Deal: A Troubled Veteran's Assault Rifle Purchase Leaves Her Boss Worried and Confused