There’s more to life than jewelry. Okay, maybe not much more, but many of our readers did wax philosophical when asked, “If you were to get a ‘life motto’ tattoo, what would it say?”
Out of 341 responses, the most popular had to do with treating others with respect, enjoying yourself and dedication to your craft. They were:
- “Live and let live.”
- “Live, laugh, love.”
- “Work hard.”
There were, of course, several jewelry-related life mottos:
- “Already have a tattoo: a diamond! To represent ‘Brilliance, sparkle, shine.’”
- “Like [British celebrity] Lisa Vanderpump said: ‘Life isn’t all diamonds and rose, but it should be!’”
- “Wait! I changed my mind!”
- “You want it when?”
A few responses were rather aggressive:
- “Kiss this (on my butt).”
- “Quit botherin’ me.”
- “F— off.”
- “Pull down your pants and slide on the ice.”
And finally, two had … er, interesting instructions for the reader:
- “If no heartbeat, turn off all life support equipment, wait 30 seconds and reboot.”
- “It would be inside my thigh and say ‘In case of emergency, pull handle.’”
This article is an online extra for INSTORE Online.
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.
Latest Know How Stories
- When An Unhappy Support Staffer Releases Confidential Pay Rates, A Retailer Is Dumbfounded. What Would You Do?
- What One Jeweler Learned About Trying to Do Everything Herself
- This Simple Trick Can Help You Sell Ideas to Your Team Easily
- This Simple Trick Can Defuse Angry Clients Or Employees
- Here's What to Say When A Customer Tries to Negotiate Or Make Unreasonable Demands