What I like about your (idea, work, behavior) is ______. What would make me like it even more is _______.
When to say it? When you’re dealing with a particularly sensitive employee and you want to keep the interaction positive.
How to say it?Give meaningful, specific examples of what you like, and explain why. Then deliver the follow-up (“What would make me like it even more … “) which will come across as encouragement.
Source: Caroline Webb, author of How To Have A Good Day: Harness The Power Of Behavioral Science To Transform Your Working Life
This article originally appeared in the February 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Know How Stories
- Is It Time to Pull the Plug on This Employee Recommended By a Close Friend?
- Are Jewelers Good Bluffers? The Brain Squad Responds
- What Time of Year Is Best to Get the Absolute Lowest Manufacturer Prices?
- Create the Habit of Loving Gems in Your Children's Library
- Can't Meet? Just Rephrase Your Availability in a More Positive Manner