A mistake handled professionally is a great opportunity to learn.
Why it is true: Some mistakes are infinitely more critical than others, but most can be proactively resolved.
Plan of action: Sit down with the offender and ask, “What happened?” Listen carefully and try not to interrupt. Ask open-ended questions. Let the employee recognize the seriousness of the issue and determine a solution to ensure it will never happen again.
Source: Dave Richardson
This article originally appeared in the February 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Know How Stories
- Is It Time to Pull the Plug on This Employee Recommended By a Close Friend?
- Are Jewelers Good Bluffers? The Brain Squad Responds
- What Time of Year Is Best to Get the Absolute Lowest Manufacturer Prices?
- Create the Habit of Loving Gems in Your Children's Library
- Can't Meet? Just Rephrase Your Availability in a More Positive Manner