“I don’t know anybody here.”
When to use it? At an event where you don’t know anyone. It disarms others’ preoccupations. It’s honest, fun, and if you pick the right person, they might reciprocate and become your first friend.
SOURCE: Scott Ginsberg, a.k.a. “That Guy with the Nametag”, networking expert and author
This article originally appeared in the April 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Know How Stories
- The Case of the Inept Inspection — We Want Your Thoughts
- For More Productivity, Paint the Office Red
- This Word is Definitely an Enthusiasm-Booster
- Learn the Three Words Jewelers Would Tell Their Best Customers
- When a Pricy Gemstone Breaks in a Designer Ring, Is It Okay to Search Out a Cheaper Replacement?