Is your site truly mobile-friendly?
Do you think your website is mobile-friendly?
Stacy Stahl, founder of the company How He Asked, now under the umbrella of XO Group/TheKnot.com, says 93 percent of small business websites really are not what users would describe as mobile friendly. Your mobile website should not be a shrunken version of your regular website, but truly user-friendly on mobile devices and easy to navigate with one-click operation.
“You have one second to get their attention,” Stahl says.
It needs to load in three seconds flat!
Stahl was a speaker at the American Gem Society Conclave in Hollywood last week.
Seventy-four percent of millennials are unlikely to visit your site again if it’s not friendly and fast.
“Make sure nothing is flashing and there’s no distracting music playing. Less is more,” she says.
If they do like your website, though, the results can be impressive. Seventy percent of mobile searches lead to some kind of action within an hour, whether it’s making a plan to visit your store, following you on social media or filling out a contact form.
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.
Latest Know How Stories
- When An Unhappy Support Staffer Releases Confidential Pay Rates, A Retailer Is Dumbfounded. What Would You Do?
- What One Jeweler Learned About Trying to Do Everything Herself
- This Simple Trick Can Help You Sell Ideas to Your Team Easily
- This Simple Trick Can Defuse Angry Clients Or Employees
- Here's What to Say When A Customer Tries to Negotiate Or Make Unreasonable Demands