Is your site truly mobile-friendly?
Do you think your website is mobile-friendly?
Stacy Stahl, founder of the company How He Asked, now under the umbrella of XO Group/TheKnot.com, says 93 percent of small business websites really are not what users would describe as mobile friendly. Your mobile website should not be a shrunken version of your regular website, but truly user-friendly on mobile devices and easy to navigate with one-click operation.
“You have one second to get their attention,” Stahl says.
It needs to load in three seconds flat!
Stahl was a speaker at the American Gem Society Conclave in Hollywood last week.
Seventy-four percent of millennials are unlikely to visit your site again if it’s not friendly and fast.
“Make sure nothing is flashing and there’s no distracting music playing. Less is more,” she says.
If they do like your website, though, the results can be impressive. Seventy percent of mobile searches lead to some kind of action within an hour, whether it’s making a plan to visit your store, following you on social media or filling out a contact form.
Latest Know How Stories
- 8 (More) Ways to Go Green in Your Jewelry Store
- Jewelers Are Spending Way More Time on Social Media Than They Used To
- In Battle for No. 2 Diamond Shape, Princess Now Has Close Contenders
- Here's How Much the Average Independent Jeweler Earns – How Do You Compare?
- The Underappreciated Security Threat to Your Financial Health