Videos and a Wii work well, but if you really want parents to feel good about bringing their children to your store, how about setting up a small children’s library in a store corner, filled exclusively with books about the great adventures kids can have in pursuit of treasure (i.e., gold and jewels)? After all, it’s never too early to start sowing the seeds of desire. Head on over to Amazon and purchase a couple of dozen books, using the website’s search functions to identify stories aimed at different age groups — ages 3-5, ages 6-8, and ages 9-12.
This article originally appeared in the May 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Know How Stories
- Is It Time to Pull the Plug on This Employee Recommended By a Close Friend?
- Are Jewelers Good Bluffers? The Brain Squad Responds
- What Time of Year Is Best to Get the Absolute Lowest Manufacturer Prices?
- Create the Habit of Loving Gems in Your Children's Library
- Can't Meet? Just Rephrase Your Availability in a More Positive Manner