Google sometimes understaffs its research teams to see if the forced constraints will drive original thinking. We decided to do the same thing to the Squad to get to their core thoughts on their customers.
- Go on, girl! — Ray Lantz, The Diamond Center, Claremont, CA
- I’ve got it! — Denise Oros, Linnea Jewelers, La Grange, IL
- I’ll do it! — Steven Wardle, Forest Beach Design, Chatham, MA
- What is next? — Frank Salinardi, Linardi’s Jewelers, Plantation, FL
- Let’s make it! — Daron Woelk, Woelk’s House of Diamonds, Russell, KS
- Please keep shopping. — Nathan George, Joshua’s Fine Jewelry, Russellville, AR
- Thank you, yourock! (That’s three.) — Karen Fitzpatrick, Harris Jewelers, Rio Rancho, NM
- You inspire me. — Janne Etz, Contemporary Concepts, Cocoa , FL
- You challenge me. — John DiEnna, JD3 Jewelry, Lansdowne, PA
- You complete me. — Morgan Bartel, Susann’s Custom Jewelers, Corpus Christi, TX
- Adopt me, please. — Christina Ohara, Blue Mountain Gems, Roanoke, VA
- Glad to help. — Tiffany Johnson, Kay Jewelers, Atlantic City, NJ
- Love your necklace. — Shevvy Baker, SPB Designs, Louisville, KY
- 5 You really matter. — Morgan Saatchi, SVS Fine Jewelry, Oceanside, NY
- Wearing it home? — Francis Lynch, The Jeweler Studio, Mount Dora, FL
- Look — new merchandise! — Judy Stanley, Skippack Jewelers, Harleysville, PA
- God bless you. — David Kammeraad, Preusser Jewelers, Grand Rapids, MI
- Tell your friends. — Gregory Fliegauf, Fliegauf Jewelers, Washington, NJ
- You’re my favorite! — Brian McCall, Midwest Jewelers and Estate Buyers, Zionsville, IN
- “Come back soon!” Just joking. (Maybe not joking...) Seriously, though, I’d say “I appreciate you.” — Whitney Lang, Burkes Fine Jewelers, Kilmarnock, VA
- How are things? — David Blitt, Troy Shoppe Jewellers, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- I’m happy to. — Jeff Weintrop, The Silver Lady, University City, MO
- Come more often! — Loann Stokes, Stokes Jewelry, Stillwater, MN
- Cash or credit? — James Doggett, Doggett Jewelry, Kingston, NH
- I love you! (We have quite a few “best customers” who are the warm fuzzy types, so they have said the L-word to our team, and we say it right back!) — Jennifer Farnes, Revolution Jewelry Works, Colorado Spring, CO
- You are wonderful. — Donald Killelea, Killelea Jewelers, Midlothian, IL
- Yes, we can! — Roger Pauling, Lapidary Arts Custom Jewelry, Plano, TX
- Please don’t die. — Mark Neumann, Ross Designs, Highland Park, IL
- Thanks for your trust. (OK, it’s four words but who’s counting?) — Jim Saylor, Jim Saylor Jewelers, Kapaa, HI
- Thank you, sincerely. — David Swanson, Swanson Jewelers, Arlington, MA
- Thank you kindly. — Theresa Namie, Stephen Vincent Design, Minneapolis, MN
- Thanks so much. — Todd R. Tinder, Tinder’s Jewelry, Bowling Green, VA
- Thinking of you. — Manuel Millman, Shelle Jewelers, Glencoe, IL
- Please come again. — Sue Parker, Nyman Jewelers, Excanaba, MI
This article originally appeared in the June 2017 edition of INSTORE.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you're invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Don't Gamble with Your Retirement
Let Wilkerson manage every detail of the most important sale of your life.
Latest Know How Stories
- Have a Young Fan Who Loves Your Store? Here's How to Make Her an Ambassador
- Here's the Perfect Line for Selling a Diamond's Longevity and Value
- 3 Easy Things You Can Do to Sell More Jewelry
- When An Unhappy Support Staffer Releases Confidential Pay Rates, A Retailer Is Dumbfounded. What Would You Do?
- What One Jeweler Learned About Trying to Do Everything Herself