“Definitely!” or “Absolutely!”
WHY TO USE IT: It’s difficult saying words like “definitely” or “absolutely” in a bored voice. These words lend themselves to speaking in a confident manner. Use them and watch your enthusiasm for that new jewelry line become contagious.
Source: Renee Evenson, Powerful Phrases for Effective Customer Service: Over 700 Ready-to-Use Phrases and Scripts that Really Get Results
This article originally appeared in the June 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Don't Gamble with Your Retirement
Let Wilkerson manage every detail of the most important sale of your life.
Latest Know How Stories
- Have a Young Fan Who Loves Your Store? Here's How to Make Her an Ambassador
- Here's the Perfect Line for Selling a Diamond's Longevity and Value
- 3 Easy Things You Can Do to Sell More Jewelry
- When An Unhappy Support Staffer Releases Confidential Pay Rates, A Retailer Is Dumbfounded. What Would You Do?
- What One Jeweler Learned About Trying to Do Everything Herself