Here’s an idea floated recently on the Jewelers Helping Jewelers Facebook forum that needs serious follow-up — jewelry-store sitters. These would be retired jewelry professionals who could fill in when a store owner needs to take a vacation. It’s something dairy farmers have done for decades (the risk of exploding cows means they can’t just lock up and go away). Create a freelancer.com-style app for this and you could be an industry hero.
This article originally appeared in the July 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Don't Gamble with Your Retirement
Let Wilkerson manage every detail of the most important sale of your life.
Latest Know How Stories
- Have a Young Fan Who Loves Your Store? Here's How to Make Her an Ambassador
- Here's the Perfect Line for Selling a Diamond's Longevity and Value
- 3 Easy Things You Can Do to Sell More Jewelry
- When An Unhappy Support Staffer Releases Confidential Pay Rates, A Retailer Is Dumbfounded. What Would You Do?
- What One Jeweler Learned About Trying to Do Everything Herself