“Anything you pay to have something done wrong is ALWAYS too much, isn’t it?”
WHY TO SAY IT: We all know why watch repairs take time and cost so much. But customers usually don’t. So the next time a customer wants to know “Why so long?” or “Why so much?” explain that watch repair is a “lost art” and note the volume of work involved to make sure the job is done right, finishing with the line above.
This article originally appeared in the July 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Something Big Is Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business
Several somethings, actually. And as in many other cases, the issue is not so much about what the fictional jeweler is doing. It's what he's not doing.
Latest Know How Stories
- 23 Ways to Drive Word-of-Mouth Marketing for Your Jewelry Business
- 8 (More) Ways to Go Green in Your Jewelry Store
- Jewelers Are Spending Way More Time on Social Media Than They Used To
- In Battle for No. 2 Diamond Shape, Princess Now Has Close Contenders
- Here's How Much the Average Independent Jeweler Earns – How Do You Compare?