“Anything you pay to have something done wrong is ALWAYS too much, isn’t it?”
WHY TO SAY IT: We all know why watch repairs take time and cost so much. But customers usually don’t. So the next time a customer wants to know “Why so long?” or “Why so much?” explain that watch repair is a “lost art” and note the volume of work involved to make sure the job is done right, finishing with the line above.
This article originally appeared in the July 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Don't Gamble with Your Retirement
Let Wilkerson manage every detail of the most important sale of your life.
Latest Know How Stories
- How Far are Jewelers Prepared to Go to Save a Sale? Our Brain Squad Answers
- Is a Big Brand Store-in-Store a Fit for You? See What Other Jewelers Say
- After 2 Clients Divorce, an Owner Must Decide Who Owns the Store Credit
- This Simple Thing is Guaranteed to Make a Customer Feel Good
- Have a Young Fan Who Loves Your Store? Here's How to Make Her an Ambassador