Convince them to give you 24 hours.
You won't always have the exact diamond a customer wants — but that shouldn't mean you lose the sale.
The key is to convince the potential buyer to give you a day to get the right gemstone from a supplier.
In the video below, Aleah Arundale offers some phrasing designed to "get them excited to come back in." The point is to build trust by emphasizing the quality of your relationships in the industry.
Take a look:
The Wilkerson Way
See how one jeweler's inventory sale turned unsold merchandise into cold, hard cash.
Latest Know How Stories
- How to Sell a Treated Diamond
- This Valentine's Day, Try Your Jewelry in Bathbombs
- Don’t Believe the Haters; You Can Donate to Every Cause
- When a Client Asked to Swap Her Diamond for a CZ, Did This Retailer Do The Right Thing?
- The Overwhelming Majority of Jewelers Don't Plan to Accept This Popular Currency Anytime Soon