Here’s another great nametag idea from author and speaker Scott Ginsberg (“that guy with the nametag”). Ginsberg tells of a hotel in Cleveland, home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, in which every employee wears a nametag with not only their name, but the name of their favorite musical artist as well. (Warning: this might not be a good idea if the favorite band of one or more of your staff is, for instance, The Buzzcocks.) Alternatively, if you sell lots of wedding jewelry, how about having staff list their favorite bridal designers or diamond cuts?
This article originally appeared in the September 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.
Latest Know How Stories
- When An Unhappy Support Staffer Releases Confidential Pay Rates, A Retailer Is Dumbfounded. What Would You Do?
- What One Jeweler Learned About Trying to Do Everything Herself
- This Simple Trick Can Help You Sell Ideas to Your Team Easily
- This Simple Trick Can Defuse Angry Clients Or Employees
- Here's What to Say When A Customer Tries to Negotiate Or Make Unreasonable Demands