Things have sure changed in recent years.
Part of running a successful jewelry store is keeping an eye on your competition. And now more than ever, that goes beyond just knowing what the shop across town is selling.
As part of The Big Survey 2017, we asked jewelers, "Who is your toughest competitor?" For some context, we then compared the results to those of 2008.
As it turns out, internet retail has surged to become the biggest threat to independent jewelers. The competitive pressure from other local jewelers and chain jewelers has receded.
Here are the results in detail:
Who is your toughest competitor?
Other local independent jewelers
Jewelry chain stores
Big box stores
Designers/vendors with retail outlets
Full results of the Big Survey, which had more than 715 respondents, will be published in the October edition of INSTORE.
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.
Latest Know How Stories
- When An Unhappy Support Staffer Releases Confidential Pay Rates, A Retailer Is Dumbfounded. What Would You Do?
- What One Jeweler Learned About Trying to Do Everything Herself
- This Simple Trick Can Help You Sell Ideas to Your Team Easily
- This Simple Trick Can Defuse Angry Clients Or Employees
- Here's What to Say When A Customer Tries to Negotiate Or Make Unreasonable Demands