The landscape has changed dramatically.
Jewelers were a little slow to jump on the online-advertising bandwagon, but they’ve been making up for that early skepticism in recent years.
As this chart from our recent Big Survey shows, print was by far the No. 1 advertising channel for jewelers in 2007, while fewer than 3 percent of jewelers were devoting the bulk of their advertising budget to sites such as Facebook or to SEO and email campaigns.
Ten years later and the advertising landscape has changed dramatically. Print has fallen out of favor, and online is surging.
Among the other channels, community event sponsorships have grown strongly over the last decade, while television has slipped and radio more or less held its own.
Look out for all the results of the 2017 Big Survey in the upcoming October edition of INSTORE.
Latest Know How Stories
- The Case of the Gold (and Diamond) Digger — We Want Your Thoughts
- When a Jeweler’s Store Was Robbed, This Local Competitor Stepped Up to Help
- What is the Easiest Sales in All Jewelry Retail? The Brain Squad Tells
- Say This When Brainstorming Sessions Start to Go Off Track
- 23 Ways to Drive Word-of-Mouth Marketing for Your Jewelry Business