Instagram has made a big difference.
Congratulations! Ninety-five percent of you are active on social media for business purposes. And you’re spending more time on it, too.
Nearly a third of jewelers spend an hour or more a day on keeping their social media sites up to date, versus about one in 10 who were investing that much time five years ago, according to INSTORE's Big Survey.
SEE MORE BIG SURVEY 2017 STORIES
The biggest leap came with Instagram, which debuted in 2010. By 2012, only 4 percent of jewelers surveyed reported trying out Instagram; now 58 percent spend time there. Facebook, of course, is still the most popular and was already well established in 2012, with 92 percent logging on then and 93 percent now. While 10 percent reported using no social media in 2012, holdouts five years later are down to 5 percent. You know who you are!
You can see all the results of the 2017 Big Survey in the October edition of INSTORE.
Latest Know How Stories
- 23 Ways to Drive Word-of-Mouth Marketing for Your Jewelry Business
- 8 (More) Ways to Go Green in Your Jewelry Store
- Jewelers Are Spending Way More Time on Social Media Than They Used To
- In Battle for No. 2 Diamond Shape, Princess Now Has Close Contenders
- Here's How Much the Average Independent Jeweler Earns – How Do You Compare?