Instagram has made a big difference.
Congratulations! Ninety-five percent of you are active on social media for business purposes. And you’re spending more time on it, too.
Nearly a third of jewelers spend an hour or more a day on keeping their social media sites up to date, versus about one in 10 who were investing that much time five years ago, according to INSTORE's Big Survey.
SEE MORE BIG SURVEY 2017 STORIES
The biggest leap came with Instagram, which debuted in 2010. By 2012, only 4 percent of jewelers surveyed reported trying out Instagram; now 58 percent spend time there. Facebook, of course, is still the most popular and was already well established in 2012, with 92 percent logging on then and 93 percent now. While 10 percent reported using no social media in 2012, holdouts five years later are down to 5 percent. You know who you are!
You can see all the results of the 2017 Big Survey in the October edition of INSTORE.
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.
Latest Know How Stories
- When An Unhappy Support Staffer Releases Confidential Pay Rates, A Retailer Is Dumbfounded. What Would You Do?
- What One Jeweler Learned About Trying to Do Everything Herself
- This Simple Trick Can Help You Sell Ideas to Your Team Easily
- This Simple Trick Can Defuse Angry Clients Or Employees
- Here's What to Say When A Customer Tries to Negotiate Or Make Unreasonable Demands