WHY IT IS TRUE: Winners can be spotted a mile away. Watch them as they enter the store early in the morning with a bounce in their step. They check e-mails, review appointment schedules, prepare the cases for opening, and always seem to have a smile on their face.
PLAN OF ACTION: Take a moment to give them some genuine recognition for their efforts. Let them know how much you appreciate their valued participation in the success of your business. At the end of a special day or selling season take them and their spouse out for dinner at a fine restaurant. They know that you will pay them ... now let them know that you really care about them.
This article originally appeared in the November 2015 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Know How Stories
- Is It Time to Pull the Plug on This Employee Recommended By a Close Friend?
- Are Jewelers Good Bluffers? The Brain Squad Responds
- What Time of Year Is Best to Get the Absolute Lowest Manufacturer Prices?
- Create the Habit of Loving Gems in Your Children's Library
- Can't Meet? Just Rephrase Your Availability in a More Positive Manner