WHY IT IS TRUE: General knowledge of the world shows you are a well-rounded individual. That knowledge enables you to intelligently participate in many conversations.
PLAN OF ACTION: Know enough to have some general understanding about what is going on outside of your field of expertise. Know enough about news, art, and sports to keep up a conversation. People are more likely to buy from people who they trust. And knowledge is a strong validation of trust. — David Richardson
This article originally appeared in the January 2016 edition of INSTORE.
Something Big Is Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business
Several somethings, actually. And as in many other cases, the issue is not so much about what the fictional jeweler is doing. It's what he's not doing.
Latest Know How Stories
- 23 Ways to Drive Word-of-Mouth Marketing for Your Jewelry Business
- 8 (More) Ways to Go Green in Your Jewelry Store
- Jewelers Are Spending Way More Time on Social Media Than They Used To
- In Battle for No. 2 Diamond Shape, Princess Now Has Close Contenders
- Here's How Much the Average Independent Jeweler Earns – How Do You Compare?