WHY IT IS TRUE: General knowledge of the world shows you are a well-rounded individual. That knowledge enables you to intelligently participate in many conversations.
PLAN OF ACTION: Know enough to have some general understanding about what is going on outside of your field of expertise. Know enough about news, art, and sports to keep up a conversation. People are more likely to buy from people who they trust. And knowledge is a strong validation of trust. — David Richardson
This article originally appeared in the January 2016 edition of INSTORE.
Don't Gamble with Your Retirement
Let Wilkerson manage every detail of the most important sale of your life.
Latest Know How Stories
- Have a Young Fan Who Loves Your Store? Here's How to Make Her an Ambassador
- Here's the Perfect Line for Selling a Diamond's Longevity and Value
- 3 Easy Things You Can Do to Sell More Jewelry
- When An Unhappy Support Staffer Releases Confidential Pay Rates, A Retailer Is Dumbfounded. What Would You Do?
- What One Jeweler Learned About Trying to Do Everything Herself