WHY IT IS TRUE: For most, if not all salespeople, their livelihood is based on successful ongoing performance in your store. It is one thing to complete the sale and stick the commission in their pocket ... it is quite another to build a strong, enduring relationship.
PLAN OF ACTION: When people close a sale they should always get the customer’s name, address, phone number, and email address for later follow-up. If the customer isn’t going to buy, the salesperson should turn the individual over to another associate, who should also try to get that information. Create a simple form that can be filled in after the sale, which includes space for all the key data (customer’s name, spouse’s name, kids and grandkids’ names, etc.) — David Richardson
This article originally appeared in the February 2016 edition of INSTORE.
Something Big Is Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business
Several somethings, actually. And as in many other cases, the issue is not so much about what the fictional jeweler is doing. It's what he's not doing.
Latest Know How Stories
- 23 Ways to Drive Word-of-Mouth Marketing for Your Jewelry Business
- 8 (More) Ways to Go Green in Your Jewelry Store
- Jewelers Are Spending Way More Time on Social Media Than They Used To
- In Battle for No. 2 Diamond Shape, Princess Now Has Close Contenders
- Here's How Much the Average Independent Jeweler Earns – How Do You Compare?