WHY IT IS TRUE: The only reason anyone buys anything is to resolve a genuine challenge. Whether it is an engagement ring, anniversary, birthday, Valentine’s Day gift or a necklace to accent a new outfit, they have a genuine challenge.
PLAN OF ACTION: Your goal becomes making their life better, less stressful, and more efficient. This will separate you from the masses, and establish you as someone who makes situations better, not worse. Simple questions such as: “How do you plan to propose?” ... “What have you surprised her with in the past?” ... “Tell me about your new outfit” will get them focusing on the real purpose for visiting your store. Encourage them to talk about their desired “outcomes,” and your sale will close more easily. — David Richardson
This article originally appeared in the September 2016 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Know How Stories
- Is It Time to Pull the Plug on This Employee Recommended By a Close Friend?
- Are Jewelers Good Bluffers? The Brain Squad Responds
- What Time of Year Is Best to Get the Absolute Lowest Manufacturer Prices?
- Create the Habit of Loving Gems in Your Children's Library
- Can't Meet? Just Rephrase Your Availability in a More Positive Manner