Why it is true: If you get caught lying to a customer, it is not only embarrassing, but you lose credibility and trust with that customer.
Plan of action: No matter how bad it hurts, always tell the customer the truth. A lie will come back to bite you in ways you never thought of. You’ve built up a remarkable image in your marketplace ... don’t do anything to wreck it.
This article originally appeared in the March 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Know How Stories
- Is It Time to Pull the Plug on This Employee Recommended By a Close Friend?
- Are Jewelers Good Bluffers? The Brain Squad Responds
- What Time of Year Is Best to Get the Absolute Lowest Manufacturer Prices?
- Create the Habit of Loving Gems in Your Children's Library
- Can't Meet? Just Rephrase Your Availability in a More Positive Manner