WHY IT IS TRUE: Many salespeople think they “know it all” and couldn’t care less if they get better.
PLAN OF ACTION: We’ve all been charmed by a salesperson. They sounded great in the interview, and you had an open position that desperately needed to be filled. Open the door to your training program and see how they respond. Watch their eyes. If they are with you, they are giving it a shot. If not, recognize your mistake and immediately make a change. You wouldn’t be the first person who unknowingly hired a loser, but you could be the last person who unsuccessfully kept that loser.
DAVID W. RICHARDSON CSP, Jewelry Sales Training International
This article originally appeared in the May 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Something Big Is Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business
Several somethings, actually. And as in many other cases, the issue is not so much about what the fictional jeweler is doing. It's what he's not doing.
Latest Know How Stories
- 23 Ways to Drive Word-of-Mouth Marketing for Your Jewelry Business
- 8 (More) Ways to Go Green in Your Jewelry Store
- Jewelers Are Spending Way More Time on Social Media Than They Used To
- In Battle for No. 2 Diamond Shape, Princess Now Has Close Contenders
- Here's How Much the Average Independent Jeweler Earns – How Do You Compare?