WHY IT IS TRUE: Statistics indicate that millennials may be initially more interested in the emotional romance/story surrounding the diamond than the diamond itself.
PLAN OF ACTION: Give them what they’re looking for by sharing romantic stories of engagement ring customers. These stories will make you look like a hero in the eyes of this potential customer. Make sure you present the stories from the viewpoint of the customer, not you the jeweler.
David W. Richardson CSP, Jewelry Sales Training International
This article originally appeared in the June 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Something Big Is Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business
Several somethings, actually. And as in many other cases, the issue is not so much about what the fictional jeweler is doing. It's what he's not doing.
Latest Know How Stories
- 23 Ways to Drive Word-of-Mouth Marketing for Your Jewelry Business
- 8 (More) Ways to Go Green in Your Jewelry Store
- Jewelers Are Spending Way More Time on Social Media Than They Used To
- In Battle for No. 2 Diamond Shape, Princess Now Has Close Contenders
- Here's How Much the Average Independent Jeweler Earns – How Do You Compare?