WHY IT’S TRUE: During the course of the sale, customers will frequently express their interest in an item with a statement such as, “I think she would really like that.” This is a very clear buying signal and represents a great opportunity to use the “either-or close.”
PLAN OF ACTION: Respond by offering the customer two options that will meet their needs and close the sale. To someone who is buying a gift you might say, “Great, why don’t I gift wrap this for you?” To someone purchasing for herself say, “Would you like to wear it or would you rather have me place it in one of our beautiful boxes?” Their response will automatically close the sale.
This article originally appeared in INSTORE in November 2008.
Latest Know How Stories
- Real Deal: The Case Of The Outlaw In-Law
- Does Your Business Need a Diet Plan for the New Year?
- Consumers Mainly Consider These 2 Factors When Buying Gems
- 21 of Jewelry Retailers' Biggest Fears and How to Forget Them for Good
- Real Deal: A Troubled Veteran's Assault Rifle Purchase Leaves Her Boss Worried and Confused