WHY IT’S TRUE: During the course of the sale, customers will frequently express their interest in an item with a statement such as, “I think she would really like that.” This is a very clear buying signal and represents a great opportunity to use the “either-or close.”
PLAN OF ACTION: Respond by offering the customer two options that will meet their needs and close the sale. To someone who is buying a gift you might say, “Great, why don’t I gift wrap this for you?” To someone purchasing for herself say, “Would you like to wear it or would you rather have me place it in one of our beautiful boxes?” Their response will automatically close the sale.
This article originally appeared in INSTORE in November 2008.
Something Big Is Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business
Several somethings, actually. And as in many other cases, the issue is not so much about what the fictional jeweler is doing. It's what he's not doing.
Latest Know How Stories
- 23 Ways to Drive Word-of-Mouth Marketing for Your Jewelry Business
- 8 (More) Ways to Go Green in Your Jewelry Store
- Jewelers Are Spending Way More Time on Social Media Than They Used To
- In Battle for No. 2 Diamond Shape, Princess Now Has Close Contenders
- Here's How Much the Average Independent Jeweler Earns – How Do You Compare?