Rick Antona of Uptown Diamond in Houston once organized “The World’s Most Expensive Easter Egg Hunt” — a Facebook-driven scramble for a gold-hinged egg with a $30,000 diamond ring inside, resulting in nationwide press. But even modest Easter promotions work well. JP Jewelers in St. Charles, IL, invited customers to choose a plastic egg with a random discount inside. “If they received only a 10 percent discount, we had them select another egg. They loved it,” said owner James Petterec.
Apr. 1 Generate great business with “April Fool’s Day Sale — It’s no joke! — 50 percent off all in-case merchandise.” (The best merchandise is, of course, kept safe and sound in the vault.)
Apr. 17 On National High Five Day, keep this Wired tip in mind: Don’t look at the hand. Keep your eye on the elbow; that’ll automatically line up your mitts.
Apr. 29 It’s our hunch National Arbor Day is going to get bigger the warmer our planet gets. Offer to plant a sapling for every purchase or repair booked.
This article originally appeared in the April 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Know How Stories
- The Case of the Inept Inspection — We Want Your Thoughts
- For More Productivity, Paint the Office Red
- This Word is Definitely an Enthusiasm-Booster
- Learn the Three Words Jewelers Would Tell Their Best Customers
- When a Pricy Gemstone Breaks in a Designer Ring, Is It Okay to Search Out a Cheaper Replacement?