Rick Antona of Uptown Diamond in Houston once organized “The World’s Most Expensive Easter Egg Hunt” — a Facebook-driven scramble for a gold-hinged egg with a $30,000 diamond ring inside, resulting in nationwide press. But even modest Easter promotions work well. JP Jewelers in St. Charles, IL, invited customers to choose a plastic egg with a random discount inside. “If they received only a 10 percent discount, we had them select another egg. They loved it,” said owner James Petterec.
Apr. 1 Generate great business with “April Fool’s Day Sale — It’s no joke! — 50 percent off all in-case merchandise.” (The best merchandise is, of course, kept safe and sound in the vault.)
Apr. 17 On National High Five Day, keep this Wired tip in mind: Don’t look at the hand. Keep your eye on the elbow; that’ll automatically line up your mitts.
Apr. 29 It’s our hunch National Arbor Day is going to get bigger the warmer our planet gets. Offer to plant a sapling for every purchase or repair booked.
This article originally appeared in the April 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Know How Stories
- 23 Ways to Drive Word-of-Mouth Marketing for Your Jewelry Business
- 8 (More) Ways to Go Green in Your Jewelry Store
- Jewelers Are Spending Way More Time on Social Media Than They Used To
- In Battle for No. 2 Diamond Shape, Princess Now Has Close Contenders
- Here's How Much the Average Independent Jeweler Earns – How Do You Compare?