It’s prom season and at its glittering, shimmering center is Tiara Day on May 24. Management consultant Kate Peterson advises sponsoring the prom queen. “That is the girl that every other girl wants to be, and she’s wearing a piece of jewelry that is going to become a requested piece of jewelry,” she says. “Beads are best because they are easiest to customize to the school. And you’ll get their parents’ business, too.”
- May 3 National Two Different Colored Shoe Day ... wear two different colored shoes and demonstrate the courage to take a risk and step outside your daily routine.
- May 10-14 Mark National Effectiveness Week by keeping a journal of everything you do. At each day’s end, assign a value to each action and evaluate the results.
- May 14 Toughest job in the world? Being a mom. Second toughest? Selecting a good Mother’s Day gift. Edit your selection tightly and offer what can be perceived as deeply thoughtful gifts.
This article originally appeared in the May 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Something Big Is Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business
Several somethings, actually. And as in many other cases, the issue is not so much about what the fictional jeweler is doing. It's what he's not doing.
Latest Know How Stories
- 23 Ways to Drive Word-of-Mouth Marketing for Your Jewelry Business
- 8 (More) Ways to Go Green in Your Jewelry Store
- Jewelers Are Spending Way More Time on Social Media Than They Used To
- In Battle for No. 2 Diamond Shape, Princess Now Has Close Contenders
- Here's How Much the Average Independent Jeweler Earns – How Do You Compare?