Fifty years may have passed since the Summer of Love, but the mythology still burns, which makes this cultural touchstone a great inspiration for a summer party. Maybe a trunk show with a vintage feel, a designer inspired by earth issues? Another option: A Lucy in the Sky of Diamonds Sale. June is also the 50th anniversary of the release of “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.”
- June 8 On the 105th anniversary of the first Ziegfield Follies, hold a fancy-dress party to mark one of Broadway’s high points. Pearls and art deco-inspired jewelry are de rigeur.
- June 17 Mark the 45th anniversary of Watergate by doing something conspiratorial-feeling but useful: Shred those old financial papers piled up in your study. (But check with your CPA first).
- June 28 Chicago’s Gay and Lesbian Pride Parade, held today, is the biggest in the country. Get involved locally in activities planned to market LGBT Pride Month.
This article originally appeared in the June 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Know How Stories
- 23 Ways to Drive Word-of-Mouth Marketing for Your Jewelry Business
- 8 (More) Ways to Go Green in Your Jewelry Store
- Jewelers Are Spending Way More Time on Social Media Than They Used To
- In Battle for No. 2 Diamond Shape, Princess Now Has Close Contenders
- Here's How Much the Average Independent Jeweler Earns – How Do You Compare?